Shop By Room
Pictured is the Jorman Furniture Ferrara Collection Bedroom Set
We’ve changed our clocks for Daylight Savings, and it’s a great signal reminding us that Spring has sprung! Giving your decor a refresh for the new season doesn’t have to mean starting over with a clean slate. With these 5 small, impactful changes, you can transform your home from cozy to light and airy.
1. Change your bedding- Remove dark, heavy comforters and trade them in for lighter, neutral shades. White sheets feel so fresh and it can help you feel like you are staying at a really nice hotel. For nights it may get chilly, you can layer with lightweight neutral colored blankets, or keep a heavier one draped across the bottom of your bed.
2. Bring the outdoors in- Add fresh cut flowers to your dining room table, or an orchid to your side table in the living room. Floral throw pillows and natural textures like a lamp with a wood base, or a jute rug would also do the trick.
3. Let there be light- Change your curtains out for sheer or unlined curtains that let in more light. The soft pillowy nature of the fabrics will give your space a bright, breezy feel. You can also change light bulbs to a higher wattage that still offer a natural light glow, and add another lamp to any rooms that need additional lighting.
4. Spring cleaning- Do a little spring cleaning and pack away things you may not be using. Cleaning countertops and mirrors etc. and vacuuming or sweeping helps your space feel lighter. Reducing clutter helps lighten your space visually and allows for more air flow.
5. Make it smell like Spring- Put away the cinnamon pinecones and the candles that smell like sugar cookies. Use a diffuser for essential oils like lavender, lemon, or grapefruit. If you're making it look like Spring, why shouldn't it smell like it, too!
Small changes can make a big difference, and we hope this list helps you spring forward into the new season.
What would it be like to love every piece of furniture in your home? At Savvy Discount Furniture, we make it easy! Our furniture store in Farmers Branch, TX offers a wide selection of beautiful pieces at low prices. With a variety of layaway and financing options, you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank for the furniture you love. Call (214) 434-1143 or visit our website to browse the inventory.
Even if you’re on a budget, brand new, contemporary furniture is still within reach. Here at Savvy Discount Furniture, everyday is a sale with our low price guarantee, and we dare you to find it cheaper. We also offer lay away and no credit financing to help our customers have the furniture they really want [...]
Marie Kondo’s Netflix series “Tidying Up” has reignited the public’s passion for minimalism and organizing at home. All over the internet are stories from people following her process and the results they received, and most of them are positive with the exception of the “keep your hands off my books” crowd (Kondo recommends 30 or less).If [...]
One of the biggest questions for Savvy Shoppers is: How can I be sure I'm getting a great price and great quality? When it comes to storage pieces like dressers, chests, and nightstands the best way to determine the quality is to open the drawers and see how they're made. Drawers need strength and durability [...]
Whether you are downsizing, or just moved into a new apartment, or maybe looking to use Marie Kondo tidying techniques, there many ways to maximize your smaller space. Light colored walls, mounting your TV, and editing down your items are great places to start. After that, there are some things you can do with furniture [...]
In its most basic form, transitional design is a mixing of traditional and contemporary furnishings, fabrications, and decorative elements. One of the benefits to transitional style is that it's the perfect option if you don’t want to get locked into a particular style or era. There is no end to where you can take this [...]
Industrial interior design got its roots near the end of the second industrial revolution when factories began to close and were converted into living spaces. Cities were growing and one of the problems was lack of space, and transforming the old industrial areas into residential neighborhoods became a popular solution. A great example here is [...]
Whether you just moved in, or its time to upgrade your current space, buying new furniture is an exciting time. This list will help you avoid common mistakes, and make your furniture buying experience a positive one. With a bit of pre-planning, you will be kicking back in your new space before you know it. Forgetting [...]
Tufting is a popular trend that began as a solution to an 18th century problem. Furniture makers were trying to come up with a way to add more padding to the cushions, but were running into problems as the padding had a tendency to shift and create lumps. One upholsterer had the idea of sewing [...]
Hey there Savvy Shopper, welcome to your online furniture headquarters! Check out THE HOW-TO'S OF ORDERING WITH US! Have you been looking to update your living room, dining room or bedroom? Maybe your kids' room could use a little sprucing-up. Or maybe your "off to college" student needs a little help furnishing their new dorm or apartment? Do you [...]